New year always brings new hope and promises towards others, professionally and most of the time to ourselves. Naye cheeze ki shuruvat hum aksar naye saal se karna pasand karte hain. And it is been also seen that New Year resolution stay for a longer duration than the resolution taken in between the year or sometimes it can be also vice a versa. The resolution which tops the list for the most of them is to “Go on Diet” or to “Loose Weight”. But this resolution is not a long time resolution or a healthy resolution. I would recommend to the resolution which says “I’ll eat Healthy and be Healthy”. Weight loss will be a by-product if you start eating healthy.
Diet and weight loss are temporary ways to look fit. But if you want look healthy it’s important to eat healthy and clean. Along with clean eating it is also important to eating right amount of right food at right time. Healthy eating practice should be inculcated since from childhood. Childhood habits are easy to retain. When we talk about children, they are surrounded by all the packet foods at home and outside. Media also influences them to a very larger extent. So the options they have are unhealthy. Being parents it’s your responsibility to make a healthy surrounding for your children. Children learn from their parents and family members. So if you eat Junk and unhealthy food, kids will copy you. So change yourself first. Stop dumping your kitchen with packaged and ready to eat foods. Instead fill baskets with fresh fruits, nuts, roasted snacks, home made hot snacks and dry fruits. I am sure kids will enjoy this too.
Make up your mind and decide your New Year Resolution for 2023.
With all the resolution you have for yourself one of them among is definitely related to eating habits, food and weight. So let’s discuss if you choose to be healthy in your next year.
Health comes with 5 factors in your routine.
- Food and Diet
- Physical Activity and Exercise
- Hydration Level
- Sleep Management
- Stress Management
So holistic approach to balance all the above factors will give us better health.
Clean eating or healthy does not mean to exclude junk food from your diet completely. It means to make sure that frequency of eating clean and healthy food is many times more than eating empty calorie food or Junk Food. So in 7 days a week, if you are eating healthy for 5 days, you are doing good for your health. In one month, you are eating healthy 21-24 days you are still doing well for yourself. In one year, if you are able to give good and accurate nutrition for 9 months to your body, you are still doing excellent to keep yourself healthy.
Few General Tips to improve your quality of food and Health:
- When you start cooking, first thing is to wash vegetables before chopping to retain maximum nutrients.
- Do not over cooks the veggies. Let it be little crisp and raw.
- Do not use too much oil and eat right oil.
- Add salads to your every meal.
- Control portion size of your meal.
- Do not over eat to finish the left over (Especially house wives).
- Avoid eating fruits along with meals. Give at least 2 hrs. gap
- Avoid re heating of food very often.
- Have at least one serving of chicken or egg a day and for vegetarians have 2 glass of low fat milk and a bowl of sprouts or lentils.
Apart from these there are few lifestyle modification are required to be done. I’ll list a few of them which is easier to inculcate in your day to day life and thereby have a healthy life.
- Have breakfast daily. It helps boost your immune system and you will have a energetic day ahead.
- Have at least 1-2 fruits in a day in between meals. Avoid fruit juices.
- Keep a habit of walking to the bus stop or station if it’s in range of 1 km when you are travelling.
- Use public transport. If you use private transport, park it little far from your destination so that you have that much distance to walk up and boost your BMR.
- Do not drink water in between your meals or immediately after your meals. Give a gap of 20-25 minutes.
- In a day make sure you brisk walk for 25-30 minutes minimum.
- Avoid eating food in hurry. Chew your food well. You tend to eat more when you just gulp down food.
- Sip in 100ml water every hour irrespective of whether you are thirsty or no. Make it a thumb rule.
- Avoid stocking packages and processed food at home.
- Let Dinner be the smallest meal of the day.
- If you have sitting job, include taking small breaks to move around, keep habit of walking and talking, refill your water flask more frequently.
- Avoid getting too many negative thoughts or negative feelings in your mind. It impacts your hormones.
- Include deep breathing or meditation in your schedule (morning or night)
These are few tips which will help you to be healthy. I am sure you will be thinking where your favorite foods (especially Junk) will go. You can enjoy that occasionally; say on a weekends. Keep your junk eateries in controlled portion. So Moderation is the rule you need to follow, to be perfectly fine.
For a personalized diet plan program you can mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can check our clients’ reviews and pictures on my Google Business Profile
RD Neha Kava
Latest posts by RD Neha Kava (see all)
- Hair Loss and Protein Deficiency - May 29, 2023
- Benefits of Gardencress seeds/ Halim/ Aliv - April 2, 2023
- What is the Importance of Employee Mental Health at the Workplace? - March 28, 2023
I need diet plan to reduce wait..
If you need a personalized diet plan can send a mail to email@example.com. We can carry it forward from there.