We are closer to the first lockdown of 21days in India, but unfortunately the numbers of coronavirus cases have been surprisingly gone too high. The cases are still under control, as compared to the other countries. The quick decision of lockdown taken by our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modiji has definitely helped us to prevent this spread on a very larger scale.
To make sure the country is safe for its citizen, the lock down is been extended to 30th April 2020. So it’s been almost one month for many of us who are quarantined at home. Yes, you are right, that is the only reason why our family and we are safe.
It been almost 3 months and more that coronavirus has affected every country in the world. Scientist and researchers are still making efforts to find a medicine for this pandemic. Due to non-invention of an anti-dote it has scared the citizens even more. But we haven’t given up. All of us are still fighting against this Pandemic and together we can win this situation too.
There are infinite content, blogs, videos, audios, pictures, messages are been floated on social media, which was in a way misguiding our friends and relatives. Always believe on information which has come from right source. As far the researchers I have done on this, we need to really protect our face on first step. Virus enters our body in droplets and micro droplets through our mouth, nose, eyes and ears.
Let’s discuss few points which we can’t afford to forget in this situation.
- Washing hands thoroughly every 20-30minutes. Regions with water shortage can always use a sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face as far as possible. If not required do not play with your face.
- Do not handshake with anyone. That anyone can be any of your closest relative or friend.
- Do not move out of your homes. Only in case of any emergency, where your mask and do your work in smallest of time and be back home. Try to be very conscious of where you are touching.
- Stay away from metal surfaces, they carry virus for longer hours.
- No matter for how many minutes or micro seconds you were put of your home, as soon as you enter your home go for bath, to protect your family. Also every single thing you purchased should be washed and then only to be used.
- Indulge in some or the other activities so you don’t depress yourself thinking about this Pandemic.
- The last point, take extremely good care of your health. Your health condition, that is your immunity and fitness levels are your defence mechanism to fight against this virus. So in first place you make sure you try to build up this immunity.
Your Health is your Defence System.
When Coronavirus hit the entire countries one by one, scientist started their research to make vaccine against this. They came out of the conclusion that this virus affects more to the immunity compromised people which is majorly seen in elderly people, infants and young kids. This class of population are more vulnerable. So it became important that we protect them more to fight against the coronavirus Pandemic. Along with them the people who are immune compromised were also at very high risk. So first treatment suggested by doctors and health professionals was to build in your immunity.
There are many different detoxes available online which assures you that they will help you build your immunity. I may sound harsh, but let me tell you that immunity doesn’t get active in your body as soon as you have any kind of decoction. Immune cells are like soldiers of our body. We have to make sure that we have enough of these soldiers.
We have to build immunity by making sure that the food you provide to your body is healthy and it doesn’t cause any deterioration of cells and organs. If your body cells, organs, muscles are compromised that means your immunity starts dropping.
If you are in a process of building your immunity, here are some basic dos and don’ts.
- Eat home cooked food.
- Eat 6-8 servings of fresh fruits and vegetable in a day. Wash them thoroughly before eating
- Make sure you add a protein source to each and every meal. Protein plays a very important role in making your immunity strong. All the hormones, enzymes, immune cells are made with the help of proteins.
- Drink 3 litres water in a day. One glass of hot water in morning and before going to bed. Do not drink water along with meal. Take 45 mins break before and after meals.
- Eat less of junk food (even if it is made at home)
- Less oily and fried food. When excess fat enters your body it releases free radicals and causes oxidative damage in the body. This affects immune system.
- Be active at home especially when you are watching TV or talking to someone over phone. That can help you give some great step counts throughout the day.
- Monitor your weight once a week. Look at weight maintenance. Exercise regularly
- Monitor your calories and food you eat. Eat calories as per your body needs. Best is to feed on demand. Feed only when body asks for it. Do not indulge in binge eating while watching movies, playing games etc.
- Don’t smoke
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation.
- Keep your stress levels low. Do not think too much negative. Everything will be fine and normal.
- Get enough sound sleep. Do not practice late sleeping habits. Get 6-8hrs of sleep daily.
- If you have any chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, cardiac problem, kidney problem, try to keep the symptoms under control. It can be risk factor for bad health.
Super foods that help us build immunity.
Indian herbs and spices are blessing to each. Each of them have some or the other healing properties. There are researches which show that cumin, curcumin (haldi), cinnamon, thyme, oregano, clove contains anti-viral and anti-microbial properties. Garlic, ginger, sunflower seeds, almonds also helps in building immunity. So look at including these in your daily food which will indirectly work on your immunity levels. Dark chocolate is also said to increase immunity levels.
Some micronutrients which your body need to build up immune cells are Vit C, folate, Iron, zinc, selenium, copper and B complex vitamins. Include carrots, broccoli, spinach, bell peppers, cabbage, citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruit, tangerines and strawberries. Seeds and nuts will give you vit E so don’t forget to add them as well to your meals.
Last thing I would like to add is, please eat healthy, do some physical activity at home and enjoy this quarantine time at home. If you have time do activities which gives you pleasure and happiness. This time shall pass soon. Please take care everyone.
For any queries connect me: firstname.lastname@example.org