Health benefits of cotton seed oil is very less popular. There are many few people who use cottonseed oil in their kitchens. As i have discussed the characteristics of fats in my article before https://www.nutrichoice4u.com/are-fats-really-bad-do-you-know-difference-between-good-fats-and-bad-fats-get-your-facts-on-fats-here/. Lets take a look on this oil and compare with other oils available.
When we talk about cottonseed oil, it is categorized as vegetable oil. It contains good amount of anti oxidants and also vit E to fight against the fee radicals. So cottonseed oil to be used on rotational basis with combination of groundnut oil/ canola oil/ ricebran oil is a good option. With the benefits of cottonseed oil (CSO) there are also ill effects of these seed oil.
Lets check Benefits and its Ill effects.
- Its low in cholesterol.
- It has good amount of Vit E.
- It has antioxidant properties.
- They are cheap.
- It’s high in saturated fats which are unhealthy.
- High amount of pesticides are used to grow cottonseed.
- Cottonseeds are not considered as crop.
- There is high risk of allergic reactions.
So all together if you compare the hazards of CSO is more then the benefits they have. So please change your oil today and get best oil for your house to keep your family fit.
RD Neha Kava
Latest posts by RD Neha Kava (see all)
- What are probiotics and prebiotics? and what are benefits of probiotics and prebiotics? - February 22, 2024
- Are pastas really healthy??? - February 20, 2024
- Health Benefits Of Potatoes. - February 12, 2024