As the monsoon approaches cases of patients prone to malaria increases.
When malaria is in air it becomes very important to take precautions so that you protect yourself from getting it and also your friends, families, neighbors and roommates.
Lesser the mosquitoes get in touch with the contaminated person the more it spreads. Diet tips to fight malaria can be useful.First of all, staying away from the mosquitoes is the thumb rule. Use mosquito nets, mosquito repellents, lotions whatever is comfortable. These things reduces the chances of malaria.
In spite of doing all this still you get a mosquito bite and you are down with fever. Visit your doctor as soon as possible. If your doctor diagnoses you with Malaria, Do not panic.
Here are few tips which will help a better and faster recovery.
- Firstly the most important, drink boiled water or sterilized water.
- Drink lots of fluids which can be anything from water, milkshakes, juices, coconut water anything. The more the fluids in the body the faster the malaria parasites move out from the body.
- Have a high carbohydrate diet. Rice should be chosen over wheat and other millets. Rice helps in easy digestion and faster release of energy.
- Have a high protein diet. As high temp makes your body weak and reduces your appetite, protein helps for the protection of the body and synthesis of immune bodies which will fight against the parasites.
- Fats are like poison for malaria patients. Keep them as far as possible. They make the meals very heavy and is difficult to digest. As malaria is many a times accompanied with nausea and vomiting. If vomiting present give a liquid diet till the vomiting subsides.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables help to detox the body. All fruits work well for malaria. Combination of fruits with different colors is recommended.
- Omega 3 fats help to reduces the inflammation in the body.
- Include a supplements of multivitamins, B-complex and minerals which will help to rejuvenate your body.
There are few home remedies which can also be tried.
- Mixture of tulsi leaves 5-6 and honey 1tsp.
- Mixture of freshly powdered cinnamon and clove. Add honey if required.
- Freshly squeezes lemon are also effective specially when nausea present.
- Ginger and raisins juice is also effective.
- Papaya leaves soaked in water, boiled and strained should be taken twice a day.
RD Neha Kava
Latest posts by RD Neha Kava (see all)
- Hair Loss and Protein Deficiency - May 29, 2023
- Benefits of Gardencress seeds/ Halim/ Aliv - April 2, 2023
- What is the Importance of Employee Mental Health at the Workplace? - March 28, 2023
hello, im a cellular nitritionist, thanks for the tips, ive been searching for long, natural remedies to malaria… #gracias
Nice tips. I am a traveler and prevention from mosquitoes bites is very important. We need to follow guideline for mosquitoes spread diseases.
My small brother got malaria in previous week and. from these precautions he get relief from malaria I thanks to give the best tips to fight against malaria.
Hi Iam on T.B medication treatment and will finish nxt month,howevet i got malaria and im so scared to take in medication thinking it might have side effects,the fever makes me so sick and hot at the same time.Please help what will i do?
Hello, my mother got Malaria 3 months ago and took Malaria medicine prescribed by doctor she was feeling well but after 3 months again she got fever and when tested for Malaria it shew positive. right now she is taking tablets and still not feeling well, I dont know why Malaria disease is repeated. please give me suggestion how to get ride of this disease permanently?
ma grand ma is having malaria but I am trying the fruits and vegetables hope it will be cool
My small sister is having Malaria.I hope Vegetables/fruits would help her.Thanks!
Thx u for so much information to share. I m suffering from malaria dont know what to eat
My family every time say that I am killing my time here at net, except I know I am getting know-how all the time by reading such nice articles.
Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay. I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward
to new updates.
Pretty component of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession
capital to say that I acquire in fact enjoyed
account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your augment or even I fulfillment you get right of entry to persistently rapidly.