ADHD is a psychological disorder. It means Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Mainly it requires a psychological treatment to improve the condition as it’s difficult to cure completely. So i would like to suggests few diet tips for ADHD which can help them along with the behavioral therapy and occupational therapy given by the psychologists. These children have very high energy throughout the day due to which they are hyperactive. Due to neurological disorder they also a have problem in concentration and paying attention at one particular thing. So its very difficult for us to keep them attentive towards anything important. They are complicated. They take time for registering any thing which is been told to them.
When we talk about ADHD the main concern is the brain functioning. So foods which has to be included in their diet should be brain friendly. Being in a very young age to understand the good and bad side of things, it’s difficult to get compliance towards the diet.
If ADHD is diagnosed, the kids are definitely there on some drugs. These drugs may have some side effects when taken over a longer period of time. Though there are few food nutrients which work as natural over the counter ADHD substitutes
So it is important to make use of natural diet to cure ADHD.
considering a very slow approach towards this, we talk about diet for ADHD, I would like to make a point very clear that diet alone does not help them. It requires simultaneous treatment from Allopathy, Psychology and Nutrition.
Diet tips: There are list of Do’s and Don’ts.
- Eat meals high in protein. Get enough protein to balance the good neurotransmitters and keep brain healthy.
- Eat omega 3 fat. It helps in development of brains and improves signaling system in the body.
- Eat complex carbohydrates like whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat a healthy diet which consist of vitamins and minerals along with high protein, complex carbs and moderate fates.
- Have handful of almonds and walnuts.
- Have plenty of green leafy vegetables.
- Multivitamins and minerals supplements are added to compensate for the efficiencies.
- Avoid eating foods made of maida and refined flours like khari, toast, butter, pav, breads.
- Restrict your diet in sugar and its products like candies, pastries, chocolates, cakes, doughnuts etc.
- Avoid foods which has artificial preservative sand artificial colors added to them e.g cold drinks, packaged foods, ready to eat foods etc. they increase the level of activity.
- Avoid foods containing caffeine e.g tea, coffee, energy booster drinks etc.
- Avoid eating a large portion of meal at a time. Break meals into small parts.
- Restrict the amount of vegetables and fruits of red and yello colors. MODERATE AMOUNT IS ALLOWED.
There are too much restrictions for a CHILD. So counseling becomes an important part.