Dark Circles under your eyes are due to many reasons. Physical or mental stress, prolonged crying, working for long hours infront of computer, hereditary, dry skin, lack of sleep and unhealthy diet.
Men and Women of any age group can have dark circles. So how to get rid of dark circles at home under eyes naturally and permanently?
Try below remedies to get rid of dark circles at home permanently
1. Almond Oil:
Almond Oil helps to remove dark circles easily. This ingredient is easily available at our home.
- Just mix almond oil with Vitamin E oil and apply the paste in your eyelids. Massage it gently.
- Leave it whole night without rubbing or removing.
- Wash with cold water in morning.
- Repeat this steps daily until your dark circles are disappeared.
You must have heard these remedies many a times as applying cucumber pieces to your eyes regularly. This is most common and well known tip to get rid of dark circles at home fast.
- Cut cucumber and make thick slices and freeze it for few minutes.
- Place this cold cucumber on your eyes for more than minutes.
- Wash your eyes and under eyes area thoroughly with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day and see results after a week.
3. Raw Potato:
Potato acts as bleaching agent to lighten our skin. Some people have removed their dark circles using grated potatoes.
- Grate about raw 2 potatoes to extract juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in potato juice and apply under your eyelids.
- Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it out with cool water thoroughly.
- Apply this for few weeks and see the results.
4. Rose Water:
Many people must have tried this remedy in your life. Applying Rose water to your eyes helps reduce your stress and gives soothing effect. Rose Water has astringent properties so it also works as skin tonner. You will get this rose water anywhere in medical or chemist.
- Soak cotton balls in rose water for few minutes.
- Apply this cotton balls on your closed eyelids.
- Keep them for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You can follow this steps twice or daily before sleeping.
You must have heard this first time that Tomato also helps in reducing dark circles. Tomato act as a bleaching agent in lightening the skin.
- Mix tomato juice with 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply on your dark circles gently and keep them for 15 minutes.
- Rinse your eyes and under eyes with cool water.
- Repeat this process twice a day and continue to use this procedure or 2 to 3 weeks to see accurate results.
6. Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice also has a skin lightening properties. It has Vitamin C. So you must have heard that lemon juice helps to cure many things in our body.
- Mix lemon juice and a 2 teaspoon of thick tomato paste, turmeric powder and a pinch of gram flour (besan) to make a solution.
- Apply this paste with soaked cotton balls under and around your eyes.
- Wash it off with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure twice or thrice every week.
- Massage with coconut oil under your eyes.
- Keep it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Wash it off with cool water.
- Follow this procedure for 2 to 3 months to get the result.
8. Tea Bags:
You must be wondering how dark circles get reduced by tea bags? Dark Circles are caused due to dilation of blood vessels under eyes. Green Tea helps in reducing this dilation. Tea has astringent properties that help constricting blood vessels and capillaries reducing dark circles under eyes.
- Dip 2 tea bags in water and keep it in freezer for few minutes.
- Apply these tea bags in both your eyes and keep it for about 15 minutes.
- Wash your face and you will feel refreshed.
- Follow this procedure regularly to see the results.
9. Cold Compress
- Take a cotton cloth or soft napkin and wrap ice cubes in napkin.
- Apply this cold napkin onto your eyelids for few minutes.
- You can also use soaked soft cotton cloth. Dip this cloth in cold water and apply under your eyelids for few minutes.
- This helps in reducing dark circles and puffiness under your eyes fast.
Applying turmeric can soften the skin and make it smoother. It has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that helps in reducing dark circles.
- Make a thick paste of turmeric powder and pineapple juice.
- Apply under your eyes and affected area.
- Wash after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until you see the results.
11. Orange Juice:
Orange Juice also helps in removing dark circles. Orange has vitamin C and helps in concealing dark coloration.
- Take 2 teaspoon of Orange Juice and few drops of Glycerin.
- Mix this both and apply on your dark circles.
- Keep this for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Do this procedure every morning. Repeat this thrice a week.
12. Cold Milk:
Applying milk on your face improves smoothness of your skin, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles because milk contains lactic acid.
- Take a bowl of cold milk. Dip the cotton balls in this milk.
- Apply around the affected area of your eyes.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash your faces properly.
- Follow this procedure once a day for 2 weeks.
13. Mint Leaves:
A mint leaf helps in brighten and lighten the skin.
- Crush mint leaves and mix it with lemon water.
- Apply around your eyes and dark circles.
- Keep it for around 30 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Continue this procedure once a day till 2 weeks.
Honey also helps in lighten the skin.
- Apply thin layer of honey under your eyes and dark portion around eyes.
- Keep it for around 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Apply this regularly to see the results.
15. Aloe Vera:
- Apply aloe vera gel under the eye and eyelids.
- It helps to soothe and protect the skin.
Making lifestyle changes can helps to get rid of dark circles at home easily.
1. Get enough sleep to get rid of dark circles at home naturally.
2. Monitor your allergies
3. Stay away from alcohol
4. Avoid Smoking
5. Wear Sunscreen
6. Yoga / Meditation
7. Regular exercise with deep breathing can helps in blood circulation.
Try this above remedies to get rid of dark circles at home. Let us know your experience and if you have some other remedy I will be happy to know more about that.
Latest posts by Neha Kava (see all)
- Eat Healthy this Diwali - October 21, 2017
- Beginners Running Tips – How to start getting in shape with the most efficient exercise out there - October 21, 2017
- 10 Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy - October 21, 2017