Hyperthyroidism is a condition wherein the metabolic rate of the body increases. Thyroid gland becomes hyperactive due to which the ability of the body to burn the calories consumed increases and due to this the individual keeps on loosing weight. Here are few diet tips for hyperthyroid patients that can help them in various ways.
Hormonal tests are the best to diagnose this problem. When the hormonal tests proves that you are hyperthyroid main goal is to maintain ideal body weight. As per the condition it will keep on reducing your weight. So here it becomes an important task for you to take extra care of your diet so that you do not loose excess weight. You have to select foods which help to suppress the activity of thyroid gland.
- Eat small frequent meals. Choose meals which are little calorically dense so that your body has some extra reserves of energy after the body burns of the energy. Calorically dense food does not include just fats and oils. combination of all the food groups i.e cereal, pulse, milk, fats etc.
- Include thyroid-suppressing food in the diet. Broccoli, soya products, cabbage, cauliflower, rajmah, bajra etc.
- When you choose food make sure that it nourishes your body and not just give you empty calories. So eat fruit, fruit juices, nuts, eggs, meats etc
- Do not fill up your stomach with low calorie foods like salads and veggies.
- Eat foods which are stomach filling. For that include protein and 5-10gms of fats in each major meals.
- Eat food containing paneer. It gives satiety and and stomach fullness for a longer time.
- Eat home made sweets like sheera, puddings, custards etc to give you additional calories which will avoid weight loss.
- Eat food at regular interval. Do not increases gap between 2 meals. meal gap should be lesser than 3 hrs.
- Do not keep habit of having soups before meals. They tend to give feeling of fullness and satiety.
- Do not drink water immediately after meals.
- It is also important to keep replenishing the body with vital minerals and vitamins. So add multivitamin supplements to your diet.
- Bugleweed, green tea, and motherwort are a few herbs found to be helpful for hyperthyroidism.
So in short if we conclude, the main motto is to eat more meals at regular interval and avoid foods which are low in calories.
To Know about Hypothyropid – http://www.nutrichoice4u.com/diet-tips-for-hypothyroid-patients/