Today high blood pressure is very common in individuals of all age groups of 25yrs and above. I would like to share few quick tips to control high blood pressure on your own. Its very important to feel whats happening in your body. People who are recently diagnosed as high BP patients, for them its little difficult to feel when BP rises.
Different people face different symptoms like sweating, headache, fast running heart beats, breathlessness, body ache, fear, anxiety,noose bleed, tension etc. But i would advice not to wait till these symptoms arise but take an immediate action to prevent them.
There are medications available to maintain optimum blood pressure. But medications are additional burden in your daily routine so best way is to control pressure just by analyzing your diet closely and choosing right food. Many people choose medicines over healthy diet but here its very necessary to understand that medicines have long term side effects whereas healthy diet will not have any ill effects in future.Healthy diet will give you a healthy life.
Ways to Control high blood Pressure through diet:
- Monitor salt intake as it is contains sodium. Watch out the amount of salt in your diet and avoid topping up of extra salt.
- Take a glance of sodium content on teh foods before you eat.
- Avoid intake of Pickles and papads.
- Avoid Packaged foods and processed foods.
- Avoid cheese, butter and margarine.
- Increase intake of potassium rich foods. (http://potassiumrichfoods.com/potassium-rich-foods-list/)
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and smoking.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat less spicy food.
- Eat fiber rich food.
- If non vegetarian, consume fish and for vegetarian have nuts containing good fat (http://www.nutrichoice4u.com/are-fats-really-bad-do-you-know-difference-between-good-fats-and-bad-fats-get-your-facts-on-fats-here//)
- Count calories of every meal. Eat small frequent meals.
- Involve yourself in regular exercise or brisk walk for minimum 30 mins.
- Get your blood pressure checked regularly
I have come across many people who are not so serious about this issue of high blood pressure. But it becomes important to take it seriously as it can give rise to many other health problems like kidney diseases, liver diseases, stroke, heart attack. Your life is precious. It is easier to calculate and eat food to be healthy rather than calculate and spend money for treating your unhealthy body.