Testosterone is the male sex hormone and, as such, it is a very important hormone in men. It is directly linked to gains in muscle mass and strength as well as libido. It also indirectly affects bone density, memory and mood as shown in this Prime Male review.
Your body will generally begin to go into decline as you age. Your muscle mass will decrease and so will your strength. That’s because men will see their testosterone levels drop after the age of 30. That’s where testosterone boosters come in.
Testosterone boosters are dietary supplements that increase testosterone levels in your body naturally. They typically contain micronutrients known to increase testosterone levels like zinc and also other nutrients that improve sleep, because a lack of sleep will lead to a reduction in your testosterone levels.
Testosterone boosters can work in one of two ways: they can directly increase your testosterone levels and bring them back to normal levels if you’re especially low on testosterone, or they can provide support for your hormones indirectly. Whatever the routes, you’re going to see massive benefits from improved testosterone levels, including more muscle mass, increased strength, stronger libido and an improved mood and ability to remember things, not to mention razor-sharp focus.
What Is Found in Testosterone Boosters
Testosterone boosters can contain a wide range of products. However, below are the most common and also the most effective:
- Magnesium and zinc: These are either combined or added individually to testosterone boosters. They are common nutrients known to increase testosterone levels in males. However, many athletes are known to suffer in a deficiency in these micronutrients. They do not replenish them after intense workouts, which leads to some adverse effects, such as a decrease in performance and strength, increased stress and poor immunity.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an Indian plant that was traditionally used in the preparation of pickles and curry powders. Studies have found that it significantly increases testosterone levels in the body.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an Indian herb that has been popular as a form of healing for many centuries. It is an adaptogen: a chemical that helps the body to adapt to stressors like fatigue, anxiety and the stress hormone cortisol. It does not directly increase testosterone levels, but it does provide hormone support, which is also important.
- D-aspartic acid: This is an amino acid that is naturally found in the male testicles. It helps the brain send messages to the Leydig cells and instruct them to make testosterone out of cholesterol. By taking more D-AA, you will be improving communication between the brain and your testicles and improving testosterone production in the process.
How to Use Testosterone Boosters Effectively
These supplements are very effective when it comes to increasing muscle mass and strength. However, to gain the most out of them, you have to take them in conjunction with resistance training. Strength and resistance training done regularly boosts testosterone all on its own so combining it with testosterone boosters will only compound gains.
To get the most out of them, try to make your workouts shorter without making them any less intense. That increases testosterone levels the most. You should also start with compound lifts before you proceed to the smaller movements.
Latest posts by Neha Kava (see all)
- Ease Your Asthma with These 5 Dieting Tips - June 13, 2019
- The Effective Way of Taking Testosterone Supplements - April 23, 2019
- Three of most iconic Cheese curds recipes you must try - April 23, 2019