You must be searching for how to control blood pressure during pregnancy or how to control hypertension during this phase?
Pregnancy is one of the beautiful phase of life. Few mothers are lucky enough to enjoy these phase of life while the unfortunate ones have many health related complications.
Tips to control blood pressure during pregnancy has to be considered for the mothers who has seen their BP elevated during the routine check ups.
It seems to be very easy to deal with it in the initial stage but as the pregnancy progresses the complications to the mother as well as the baby increases. There are swellings, headache, dizziness, edema seen.When your doctors informs you about the pressure being on the higher side do not panic.
BP can be controlled only with diet.
So take care of the diet you are taking. Doctors generally do not take it very seriously in the initial stage but if taken care at the initial stage it does not create any complications for the delivery.
More to read: 13 Best Pregnancy tips for normal delivery
If you ignore it then it can cause problem to fetus and mother and there is high risk of premature delivery or a C-section.
80% of mothers who are diagnosed with high blood pressure has C-section delivery. In such cases Both the patients and doctors are at fall. It is very important for doctors to regularly monitor mothers BP with a prescribed amount of salt for e.g 2-3gms/day.
Doctors here should understand that diet plays a very important role and therefore he/she should insist the patient to seek dietitian advice. Patients should follow proper instructions and take extra care of their diet.
Tips to control blood pressure during pregnancy:
- Take low salt diet 1/2 tsp/day.
- Avoid packaged foods with preservatives and artificial flavors.
- Say NO to pickles, papads and chutneys.
- No groundnut, coconut.
- No red meat, Egg yolk.
- No outside food.
- No fried foods.
- No foods which has aginomoto (GSM).
- 30 mins daily walk and stretching exercise.
- Eat lots of water throughout the day.
- Eats lots of fruits and raw vegetables because it is fibrous.
- Eat beetroot, green leafy veggies etc.
- Drink skimmed milk.
- Include almonds and walnuts in the diet.
- Eat 2 tbsp of flaxseeds/day.
- Eat lean meat, fish, poultry etc.
You prevention is in your hand. Take right choice over food to take care of yourself and your baby. Take a right choice baby!!! ahhaaa..
More to read: 10 Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
Latest posts by Neha Kava (see all)
- Health Benefits Of Peanuts - December 7, 2019
- Ease Your Asthma with These 5 Dieting Tips - June 13, 2019
- The Effective Way of Taking Testosterone Supplements - April 23, 2019