What are milk benefits in diet?
Milk and dairy products contain many nutrients which is enough to replace a meal. Milk is treated as one of the healthiest food for all the age groups. Milk, cheese and yogurt all provide same nutrients but in different quantities. Milk benefits can be best understood by its significance in life. As a new baby born the first food which is introduced to the diet is milk. So from the birth till the end of the life milk is continued to be a part if the diet.
Some people are allergic to milk due to which they miss on the nutrients which is present in milk. So they really have to work hard to gather those nutrients in the diet to meet up daily requirements. Milk is the best combination of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals. It’s a complete food.
Few important of milk nutrients:
- Calcium – As we know requirement of calcium increases as the age increases for healthy bones and teeth. People who do not include milk in diet are generally found to have deficiency of calcium.
- Magnesium – It is important for muscle function.
- Phosphorous – It helps in strengthening of bones along with calcium. And also for energy release
- Protein – It is the most important part of the milk especially for vegetarians. Protein is known for growth and repair of muscles.
- Vitamin A – It is important for good eyesight and immune function.
- Vitamin C – Helps in formation of healthy connective tissues.
- Vitamin B12 – It is important for production of healthy cells.
- Zinc – It helps in building of immune function.
- Folate – Beneficial for production of healthy cells
- Iodine – It regulates body’s rate of metabolism.
- Riboflavin – helps in development of healthy skin.
It is recommended that every human being should consume a certain amount of milk for fulfilling their nutritional demands of the body. Milk can be consumed either as a drink or in the form of milk-derivates like dairy products.
Milk Benefits & Milk nutrition in your diet helps in various ways:
- If you think that you don’t have time where you can adjust a glass of your milk then the best way to include in your diet is to start your day with a full glass of milk. It’s a very old practice but it still works. To enhance taste you can add some flavors or fruits.
- If you are a tea or coffee drinker then switch to a glass full of milk. When these beverages are harmful in long run milk has benefits and only benefits. So thereby milk can help you get rid of tea/ coffee addiction. If switching is not possible to any reason then change the method of tea/ coffee preparation. Make it in full milk no water to increase its nutritional value.
- When you are hungry in between the meals instead of snacking that high calorie and non nutritious snack you can think of a glass of milk. As milk is a great combination of proteins and carbohydrates it gives stomach filling feeling for a longer period of time and you feel hungry after a really long time.
- Milk can be included as a dessert. Chocolate, strawberries or any other fruits can be added and had as a milkshake or any dessert.
- Milk can also be consumed as a drink pre work out. It has slow energy release actions so the trainee can sustain energy throughout the workout and feel energetic throughout the workout session.
- Bed time meal is mostly a glass of milk for many of us. So that can be continued.
These are the ways in which you can try and adjust a glass of milk in between your busy meal schedules. Milk deficiency can cause severe anemia, osteoporosis and other related illnesses. Milk consumption is very essential to maintain good health and doing normal activities. It is the best source of calcium for all age groups. So milk benefits are ample in your daily life.
Latest posts by Neha Kava (see all)
- Know all about your Oil? Is your Oil GOOD OR BAD?? - September 20, 2016
- 13 Eye-opening Health benefits of Cinnamon - September 6, 2016
- Nutrition- An Art To Eat Intelligently [Infographic] - September 2, 2016