As we all know that ginger is one of the very favorite choices of spice of most of the INDIAN Population. You will find one or more ginger preparation on the dining table. It has proved to have many medicinal properties. It is primarily know to fight against cold and cough. Ginger and honey mixture is given even to young children to cure their cold and cough as an ayurvedic medicine. There are many different kind of preparations made with ginger. It is sun dried and dry pickle is ready. It can also be soaked in salt and lemon water and had as fresh pickle. All time favorite use of ginger is in tea that too especially in winters. It provides sudden warmth to the body.
BENEFITS OF GINGER:
- Ginger is known to have anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Any food which has anti-inflammatory effect is good for heart.
- Ginger is believed to have anti-inflammatory qualities that may relieve swelling and pain.
- Fresh ginger is used for asthma, colic, heart palpitations, swellings, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and rheumatism.
- Dried root is used to “strengthen” the stomach, inhibit vomiting and treat diarrhea.
- Many herbalist advices to chew few pieces of ginger to subside the headaches.
- Studies have been done in America showing that ginger concentration doses have great effect on the osteoarthritis of knee.
- Ginger increases the PH value of stomach acids, thus reducing the rates of gastric secretions and accelerating the activity of the enzymes necessary for digestion.
- Ginger triggers metabolism which helps in burning the fat.
- Ginger reduces the feeling of vomiting and nausea by directly acting on the stomach, rather than impeding nausea in the brain.
- Ginger helps is dilating blood vessels so good for heart patients.
- Ginger reduces Triglyceride, Cholesterol levels and formation of blood clots and thus helps in improving cardiovascular health.
- Ginger has anti-spasmic properties which provide relief to the upset stomach (gas and Bloating).
- Ginger contains anti-viral, anti-toxic and anti-fungal properties to fight against common cold.
- Ginger has ability to act on anti-histamine compounds and helps in treatment of allergies.
- Children under two should not have ginger.
- If you are on any medications, consult your physician, as all herbs can interact with other medications.
- Avoid ginger if you have a bleeding disorder or if you are taking blood thinners, including aspirin.
Fresh ginger as well as dried are equally beneficial.
Latest posts by Neha Kava (see all)
- Benefits of Mango Seed Kernel, Aam Gutli - June 5, 2020
- Get Rid Of Acidity. - May 12, 2020
- Boost Immunity- The weapon to fight any virus & infection. - April 24, 2020