Coriander leaves are commonly present at each home on Indian family. They use coriander for garnishing, making chutneys or in parathas. Health benefits of coriander are numerous. Its dark green color makes it more attractive and appealing to eat. Coriander has its unique taste. When we talk about coriander leaves we usually use it for making green chutney as an accompaniment for enhancing the taste of the food.
Coriander leaves have many medicinal properties. It is used on large scale in herbal preparations.
Health Benefits of Coriander
- It helps in lowering blood glucose levels in diabetics.
- It helps in digestion, helps settle an upset stomach and prevent flatulence. So for patients who have indigestion problems, coriander works wonders.
- Coriander fights against the Salmonella bacteria.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory food. So helps in disease causing inflammation in the body.
- Coriander protects urinary tract infection.
- Coriander prevents nausea and vomitting.
- Coriander helps in curing intestinal gas.
- Coriander lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
- It is a great source of dietary fibre, iron and magnesium
- Coriander is rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids.
- In case of women suffering from a heavy menstrual flow, boil six grams of coriander seed or dhanya in 500 ml water, add a tbsp of sugar and consume while warm.
- Arthritis patients can boil coriander seeds in water and drink the concoction.
- Use a paste of coriander and turmeric juice treat pimples and blackheads.
- Coriander is also used in detox diet.
- Coriander also cleanses your skin and acne on skin.
- Coriander has vit K which helps to prevent Alzheimer;
- Coriander also acts as anti septic to cure mouth ulcers.
- Coriander leaves helps for adequate menstrual flow in women.
- Coriander helps to stimulate memory in brain.
- It helps in curing anemia.